Installing XML file to a zone (issue encountered)

Posted by Rollbase User on 02-Feb-2012 02:02

Hi, I was trying to install an application (XML file) on the zone and here's the scenario. Before the installation: - There was an existing application on the zone (late version) - What I did was, I deleted the said application During the Installation: - late version application has been deleted. - I uploaded the application (updated version) on the same zone. - Successful After the Installation: - I checked some of the objects in the application (Object "X") - On its object definition: Number of fields, triggers and relationships increased (late version app has more fields, triggers and relationships than the updated one, which I was trying to install)....e.g. fields (73) ----> fields (171) | triggers (38) ---> triggers (39) | relationships (7) ---> relationships (28) - The orphan fields, triggers and relationships from the late version were deleted on the updated version before generating an xml file Assumption: - Since I deleted the application with the late version on the zone, orphan

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 02-Feb-2012 06:53

Hi,

Are you sure that the application and its components like objects, fields, views, triggers and such have been deleted properly ? They might have just been undeployed or hidden or it was just the application and not its components which was deleted.

On another note one possibility would be that your instance has not yet been updated with the latest binaries. The ability to delete components via XML update has been placed on the Rollbase.com instance, kindly advice or confirm with your admin if you are using the latest binaries :-)

Piscoso Martin

Rollbase ph

Posted by Admin on 02-Feb-2012 11:54

Can you provide a simple reproducible case? That would be helpful.

This thread is closed