Deployed Batch Jobs are not queued properly

Posted by Rollbase User on 26-Jan-2012 04:15

Hi Pavel, We've found an issue on all the Batch Jobs that are deployed. All the deployed Batch Jobs are not queued properly. Please see below screenshots: Deployed Batch Jobs:  On queue:  We need to edit all the batch jobs that are not on the list to deploy it properly. Please advise. Thanks!!!

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 26-Jan-2012 11:48

Can you reproduce a simple issue in rollbase.com environment? Or at least give more specific info.

Posted by Admin on 26-Jan-2012 18:43

Hi Pavel,

Here is the scenario that we encountered with the new batch jobs (Data Maintenance):

In screen 1 This shows all of our deployed batch jobs:

- These were setup on their respective dates and was running fine beforehand.

What happened is we had to edit a few of the batch jobs and went to the batch job Queue which is below:

Screen 2:

- As you may have noticed, only the Generate Report and System weekly backup jobs are on Queue and only 2 Data Maintenance Batch Jobs from the list of 7 jobs.

This is the 'issue' that we encountered.

We are now unsure whether they are actually running in-system and not

Posted by Admin on 26-Jan-2012 19:01

Hi Again Pavel,

Additionally, while we are on the topic of batch jobs, I think that if you could add the enhancement to provide Formula Bodies for all Batch Jobs (including Generate Report and System Backup) - maybe with a boolean return type.

We can then just check the current date and send the reports through logic:

Example:

Generate Report Batch Job

Start at: 1/1/2012

Repeat Every: 1 Day

Formula Body:

With a formula body per Batch Job we can check for any Date we chose, like the first of the month, last of the month and other dates that we would have to send reports or generate backup files.

I hope you can consider this ^_^

This would greatly help the development of batch jobs.

-------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Admin on 27-Jan-2012 13:26

Bump :-)

Posted by Admin on 27-Jan-2012 13:33

I will check what can be done.

Posted by Admin on 28-Jan-2012 12:45

I've updated UI to show exactly when Batch Job will run next time. Please let me know if you'll notice anything unusual.

Posted by Admin on 28-Jan-2012 14:17

Ok, thank you :-)

Posted by Admin on 29-Jan-2012 17:25

I think the UI is now in-tune with the batch jobs that are queued. Will have to check and test for our projects though, but it seems fine =) including the validation and debug, - Thanks for this.

Additionally, could we have the formula body for batch jobs other than data maintenance?

"Formula Bodies for all Batch Jobs (including Generate Report and System Backup) - maybe with a boolean return type.

With a formula body per Batch Job we can check for any Date we chose, like the first of the month, last of the month and other dates that we would have to send reports or generate backup files."

Mock-up is in the above comments.

I hope you can consider this ^_^

This would greatly help the development of batch jobs.

Piscoso Martin

Rollbase PH

Posted by Admin on 29-Jan-2012 17:50

I will add this request to the queue.

Posted by Admin on 29-Jan-2012 19:36

Thank you very much =)

Posted by Admin on 29-Jan-2012 20:08

thanks Pavel!

This thread is closed