Can I add scripts to the header of every page of an applicat

Posted by Rollbase User on 28-Dec-2011 09:54

I want to add chat that persists across pages within an application and don't want to have to edit the server files to do so. Right now I created a custom sidebar entry with the code in it but ideally I'd like to be able to put the code into the page header of every page of the application, much like can be done within a Portal. Is there a way to do this now or would this be an enhancement? I would want it to show for everything on-screen but not for the print-friendly pages.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 28-Dec-2011 11:33

There is no way to do this today like you can in a Portal.

One idea might be to create a Template field in your Settings object, and include that field at the top of each page of your application. This way you only have to make changes to the script in one place (that field on the Settings object) and you can choose which pages would have the script in them.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Posted by Admin on 28-Dec-2011 13:36

You can also create a Hosted File and add token (or link) to that file on every page.

Posted by Admin on 12-Jan-2012 08:25

Would it be possible to add an enhancement request to add scripts to the header of the application pages much like the portal is able to? I can add references to the script on each page but if I a client adds new objects or new tabs, it would be missing from those. I need it to stay consistent across the application and right now the only way I've been able to do that is to add via the custom sidebar. It's clunky and shows a section I really don't want to be shown on the left but it works.

Posted by Admin on 12-Jan-2012 13:02

Hi Guys,

Agree this would be useful. There are some things like google font api that require stuff in the header, and it's also cleaner for javascript functions.

Posted by Admin on 16-Jan-2012 11:28

I placed it in a queue of enhancements.

Posted by Admin on 20-Jan-2012 16:29

This new feature will be released today.

Posted by Admin on 23-Jan-2012 08:02

Thanks, this is great!

This thread is closed