Filtering not working properly

Posted by Rollbase User on 28-Dec-2011 04:04

I created Parent1b record with 2 related child records (Child1e & Child1a).  When I deleted the Parent1b record and filtered all the child records that doesn't have an empty parent, Child1e and Child1a still shows in the list view.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 28-Dec-2011 13:20

We're working on this issue.

Posted by Admin on 05-Jan-2012 10:00

q: has this been fixed? thank you ;)

Posted by Admin on 05-Jan-2012 11:26

Not yet, still working. Please try "Data Maintenance" on Customer View page in Master Zone - that may fix the problem.

Posted by Admin on 05-Jan-2012 18:26

What exactly in Data Maintenance do we have to alter?

Posted by Admin on 05-Jan-2012 18:44

This process will clear orphaned relationships.

Posted by Admin on 06-Jan-2012 20:13

Will this be safe in-case that we still want to restore the fields from the recycle bin?

I have tried using a trigger to clear the orphaned relationship field but the problem I encountered was that when I restored the record from the Recycle Bin, the relationship was severed.

This is in-case the client wants to delete - then filter records - then if he/she made a mistake, he/she should have the capability to restore the data along with it's relationships.

Also, another problem I encountered is if there isn't just One orphaned relationship field, i.e. 5 lookups where all parents have been deleted. I would have to create 5 different triggers on each of the five objects to catch the scenario =(

And this would probably span across other objects in the application with other relationships like the example(s) above =(

I hope you understand our plight.

Piscoso Martin

Rollbase PH

Posted by Admin on 07-Jan-2012 11:33

Yes, references to deleted records are preserved in case these records will be restored. Purge Recycle Bin, that should help.

Posted by Admin on 07-Jan-2012 22:12

So will we be needing to do data maintenance on our master zone regularly? Or can this be set up to be automated?

Since we have many production zones as of now, it would be taxing on our admin group to have to clear orphaned relationships manually.

Thank you very much,

Piscoso Martin

Rollbase PH

Posted by Admin on 08-Jan-2012 10:33

I'm working on solution, please be patient.

Posted by Admin on 08-Jan-2012 10:51

Hi Pavel,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

I just wanted to confirm whether we have other options ^_^ hehe

btw, currently we are using the trigger method, will try the data maintenance feature from the master zone if it also emulates the same behavior.

Sorry for being unpleasant

Piscoso Martin

Rollbase PH

Posted by Admin on 10-Jan-2012 20:12

I think this is related to this issue:

http://getsatisfaction.com/rollbase/topics/rollbase_api_returns_a_relationship_id_even_if_the_related_object_has_been_deleted

Posted by Admin on 11-Jan-2012 22:01

This will be finally addressed in the next release.

This thread is closed