Home tab customizations aren't carrying into deployed ap

Posted by Rollbase User on 28-Dec-2011 09:51

I've customized the "Home" tab in my application and have included that tab in the application objects. However, when I publish this application and then deploy it, the home tab defaults back to the standard Rollbase for new customers. Can changes to the Home tab carry into deployed applications? If not, is there a way I can push out a customized homepage for an application when deployed in a new customer site?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 28-Dec-2011 11:30

By default changes to Pages are not overwritten during the installation of an update. This is done to avoid overwriting any customizations the customer may have made to each page.

However, you may have noticed a checkbox that allows you to specify that you want to overwrite pages with the latest version when doing an update. Make sure to select this checkbox when installing an update and the new page will be installed over the old one.

Also if you publish your applications as "Managed" your customers will not be able to change the pages and all updates will automatically get updates to pages, etc.

Hope this helps,

Matt

This thread is closed