Delete Objects?

Posted by Rollbase User on 13-Nov-2009 12:44

Can I delete any objects in the systems or are some of the objects mandatory or suggested to keep?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 13-Nov-2009 13:41

1. Yes, you can delete objects (and their records). You'll need to disable object first and that coll off for 1 hour.

2. Yes, some objects (such as users) cannot be deleted.

Posted by Admin on 13-Nov-2009 18:07

Need a list of the default objects that come with the system I can delete with no effect to the rest of the system.

Posted by Admin on 13-Nov-2009 20:16

Generally any object with an integration name that starts with $ or is in all caps are system objects. The failsafe way to check is to edit the object defnition -- you will be able to undeploy a system object.

Here is a list of the default system objects that cannot be undeployed or deleted:
Communication Log (COMMLOG)
Department ($ORG_DEPT)
Function ($ORG_FUNC)
Location ($ORG_LOCN)
Group ($GROUP)
Settings ($SETTINGS)
User (USER)

Posted by Admin on 29-Nov-2011 02:20

If I am running a private cloud, is there a way I can remove the 1 hour waiting time for me to completely delete the object?

Posted by Admin on 29-Nov-2011 13:30

Delete all records prior to deleting object and you should be able to delete it without waiting time.

Posted by Admin on 06-Dec-2011 21:04

Thanks, just that out after asking this. My next question is, how about the waiting time when deleting applications? is there any way of overriding the waiting time?

Thanks so much

Posted by Admin on 06-Dec-2011 22:30

Add entry

ShowDebugInfo=true

to shared.properties file on your server. That will eliminate waiting time and add some debugging info to output.

Posted by Admin on 06-Dec-2011 22:53

Thank you very much! That would greatly increase my customization time.

Really getting what your domain says, getsatisfaction...

Great having you as a business partner.

This thread is closed