Unexpected behavior on Parallel Approval Processes

Posted by Rollbase User on 21-Nov-2011 15:59

Currently in the parallel approval process, once a user rejects an approval the approval records for any user who has not recorded an approve/reject are deleted. For example, a parallel approval sent to users A & B. If A rejects the approval before B, the approval record for B is deleted. This leads to unexpected behavior for user B. If B uses a email notification link to access the approval, they are presented with a system error "A required data object could not be found. Please contact your System Administrator." Is there anyway change user B's approval record to an alternate status rather than delete it and/or a way to target the rejection to send a notification to user B via email? The main issue is that user B has rec'd an approval request from the system, however, when they go looking for the request it no longer existing leading to confusion.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 21-Nov-2011 16:18

"Approval" record is the same as request for approval. So if approval has ended there is no mo need in these records.

I do not have a better solution.

Posted by Admin on 22-Nov-2011 20:56

Hi,

I don't know if this could help you out, but I was thinking that you could just send User B to a list view of his/her 'for approval' records. In this scenario, he won't have to see the Record Error since he will not be presented any records in the list.

Additionally, you can send an email to the Users in the parallel approval process whenever a record has been rejected. (Duly Notified).

Thank you very much and hope this helps,

Piscoso Martin

Rollbase PH

Posted by Admin on 22-Nov-2011 22:20

It may be a good idea, perhaps you can implement this by adding trigger on status change.

This thread is closed