Selected Record in dependent look-up fields were not preserv

Posted by Rollbase User on 02-Nov-2011 01:21

Good Day, I've encountered some issues in dependent lookup fields that were dependent by 3rd level and above. The selected records for the lookup fields where not preserved as I encountered it when editing existing record and on error post back in new and edit pages. Please check the attached screen shots for more details thanks Ruben Rollbase PH

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 02-Nov-2011 11:40

This will be fixed ASAP.

Posted by Admin on 11-Nov-2011 13:22

Hi Pavel,

Was this fixed along with the latest update?

Our team is excited to hear the news regarding this issue ^_^

Piscoso, Martin

Rollbase PH

Posted by Admin on 14-Nov-2011 21:58

Actually this issue slipped in the gap, thanks for reminding.

Posted by Admin on 17-Nov-2011 21:39

I cannot reproduce this issue. Please check JavaScript errors on your browser, if you see any, please attach.

It would help if you could reproduce the issue on simple app in rollbase.com environment.

Posted by Admin on 18-Nov-2011 18:33

Hi Pavel,

We did not have any js errors on the page since we took out all our client-side scripts before we tested out the bug. ^_^

Here is a detailed explanation of the issue of what Ruben is showing in the screenshot.

1. The lookup 'POC' is the main lookup (hence it's rendered as selector)

2. 'Product' is dependent on POC (single select picklist)

3. 'Coverage' is dependent on Product (2nd level dependent)

4. 'Type of Claim : Product List' is dependent on Coverage (3rd level dependent)

5. 'Benefit' is Dependent on Type of Claim : Product List (4th level dependent)

6. 'Claim Reason' is Dependent on Benefit (5th Level dependent)

Scenario: Fill up values of fields 1-6 and save the record with a client-side error. This also happens in the edit pages also when an error is invoked.

Hope this helps in replicating the issue from your end, I really hope you can get back to this ^_^

Thank you very much,

Piscoso Martin

Rollbase PH

P.s. Additionally, We will try to create a test zone on .com

Posted by Admin on 19-Nov-2011 14:05

I'm sorry to say that this type of dependencies is not supported by Rollbase. You can experiment at your own risk, but I would recommend to rebuild your app instead.

Posted by Admin on 19-Nov-2011 18:01

I see, Sorry to hear this Pavel. We've come up with our own rebuild actually and it's working fine, we we're just wondering if this could have been done via configuration only.hehe ^_^

Anyway, Thanks for your time and effort.

Piscoso Martin

Rollbase PH

This thread is closed