Details Search Page

Posted by Rollbase User on 20-Oct-2011 10:06

I created a Search Portal Page listing the results below the Detail Search Form. How do I make sure that the Results Section does not show any results till I actually click the search button. Thanks for you help!!!

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 25-Oct-2011 21:06

You can use two portal pages instead of just one.

First page is a Search Results type of page and should only contain your detailed search form.

Using the same object on your first page, create another Search Results page and then add both the detailed search form and the list of results (list view).

Go back to the list of portal pages and you should see Config on your first and second Search Results pages.

Config the first to - return it's results to the 2nd page.

Config the 2nd to - return it's results to the same page (2nd page as well).

This should in turn give you a blank page to start the searching and redirect you to the 2nd page for the actual results.

Thank you very much and Hope this helps,

Piscoso, Martin

Rollbase PH

Posted by Admin on 27-Oct-2011 11:04

Thanks a lot Martin.... It works... The only issue I have now is that when I click Clear I still see all the results. And not sure if there is a redirect option on Clear Button. Is there any?

Thanks a lot for your help

Posted by Admin on 27-Oct-2011 11:59

You can alternatively hide the clear button on the 2nd page using js or css and then create your own clear button which is linked to your first page ^_^

Posted by Admin on 27-Oct-2011 12:19

Thats interesting... let me try that...Thanks again

Posted by Admin on 27-Oct-2011 13:29

It did sound easy... but with my js skills... where i was looking to see for an assigned id to the clear button which I did not :( .... makes it difficult to hide it

Posted by Admin on 27-Oct-2011 20:38

Try document.getElementsByTagName('a').item(x) where x is a counter since the call returns an array. You can use an if statement probably like:

if (document.getElementsByTagName('a').item(x).value == 'Clear')

document.getElementsByTagName('a').item(x).style.display = 'none';

Cheers

Posted by Admin on 28-Oct-2011 09:33

Thanks it works... never used ByTagName....

This thread is closed