Select Approver from drop down option

Posted by Rollbase User on 31-Aug-2011 22:13

It is a fact that we have an application with approval work flow . Our client requires that they should be able to choose who will approve the document on run-time. So basically, they require a dropdown or picklist type option for them to choose who will approve the document How will be able to do this? Or is this possible?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 31-Aug-2011 22:54

You can choose that when you start approval. Workflow action defines DEFAULT set of approvers.

Posted by Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:40

For example, the user role is HR. The HR must define that the first approver is the Immediate Supervisor then second approver is Finance Officer. What if there are more than one Finance Officer? And depending on the situation you have to choose different Finance Officer. We want to give this flexibility to our Rollbase application so that our non-Admin user can define his/her desired approver.

Posted by Admin on 01-Sep-2011 11:46

All users with "approver" attribute are listed on the left side. I can add their titles if that would be helpful.

Posted by Admin on 05-Sep-2011 03:33

the approvers was set default by the admin am i right??

..is there a way the non admin users can select the approvers?

i want the non admin user themselves to select people that will be their respective approvers on a certain approval process..

im just showing them list of options who will be the prospect approvers and they are the ones that will select the approvers they want..

does rollbase have that feature?

Posted by Admin on 05-Sep-2011 12:28

Non-admin users why have access to "start approval" action can modify the list of approvers and make it different from default list.

Posted by Admin on 05-Sep-2011 21:08

Okay Sir I think I need to rephrase my inquiry:

1.) What we want is to set our approval workflow according to position/user role, instead of according to user id.

Example:

1st approver is officer A then second approver is officer B

2.) For example, there are three officer A and the creator of the document to be approved will have to designate which user with role of officer A will approve the document. Is this possible?

Posted by Admin on 05-Sep-2011 22:28

Possible if you select them manually.

Posted by Admin on 16-Oct-2011 22:47

I just read through the post... how could you manually set the approvers if the "non-admin" users have no access to specifying the approver sequence

Posted by Admin on 16-Oct-2011 23:50

You would need to allow them access to this

This thread is closed