How do I import data from salesforce.com Professional Editio

Posted by Rollbase User on 23-Aug-2011 16:43

I'm a new trial user and I'm interesting in converting from salesforce.com. I'm trying to use the force.com migration tool and I have my username, password and API key from salesforce. However, I get the following error from rollbase: " Error: API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG: API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner" I did some digging and it seems the problem is on the salesforce.com side. It seems the webservices API that is required is only available for Enterprise, Unlimited and Developer Editions. I have the Professional Edition. So if the force.com migration tool in rollbase won't work, what is the workaround? Can I export each object from salesforce.com, like Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, Cases, etc and import them one by one into Rollbase? Will it be able to maintain the relationships between the data from the various tables? Thank you, Kurt

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 01-Sep-2011 11:03

Yes you can export and import CSVs into Rollbase. As long as you use exact matches of record names in lookup field columns, relationships will be maintained.

This thread is closed