PDF generation of 2byte contents using TTF(True Type Font) f

Posted by Rollbase User on 11-Jul-2011 20:46

I tried to genetate PDF documents from Rollbase web page which contains 2 byte korean characters. I downloaded pd4ml pro version as it supports true type fonts, and renamed it pd4ml.jar. I automatically generated pd4fonts.properties according to the pd4ml manual documents, so that it can embed any fonts used in my system. But, I fail to generate pdf, and th pdf document only shows broken characters. Is Rollbase properly configured to use true type fonts using pd4ml? For example, the manual shows following code should be used. pd4ml.useTTF( "/windows/fonts", true ); Or, any other suggestion would be welcome....

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 11-Jul-2011 22:38

Unfortunately solution mentioned in pd4ml documentation does not work as expected. We are aware of this problem and working on solution.

Posted by Admin on 12-Jul-2011 23:53

Have you ever tried following Tip?

I found thisTip from following URL

http://pd4ml.com/support/pd4ml-html-css-pdf-tips-tricks-f7/ttf-embedding-t42.html

I've tried with fonts.jar, but it did not work.

I'm not sure if Rollbase used following code.

Can you test with the following code?

pd4ml.useTTF( "java:fonts", true );

pd4ml.setDefaultTTFs("Times New Roman", "Arial", "Courier New");

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to avoid binding to a local directory, you may pack the fonts/ directory into a JAR, place it to classpath and access them via classloader.

http://pd4ml.com/examples.zip (~2MB) contains chinese_ttf sample, which illustrates how to do that.

Very often there is no necessity to support multiple font faces, but missing of special characters (like δ, « ...) or charsets (like Cyrillic, Arabic) support is critical.

For the case we created a "quick hack" soluti

Posted by Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:14

Thanks for asking, I'm working on this issue.

If you wish to use Rollbase Private Cloud to generate Korean PDF you'll need to purchase PD4ML Pro library on your own.

Posted by Admin on 16-Jul-2011 20:38

The problem is now fixed on rollbase.com servers.

To resolve it in your private cloud environment:

1. Acquire PD4ML Pro edition

2. Run command

java -jar pd4ml.jar -configure.fonts c:\\Windows\\Fonts

3. use shared.properties setting:

FontDirectory=c:\\Windows\\Fonts

This thread is closed