How can I set zipcode by selecting search result of address

Posted by Rollbase User on 10-Jul-2011 20:04

I want to add some search function to address generated automatically by selecting location attribute when I create object. This is because many people don't memorize their zipcode. I want to make some function like this. When someone type and enter some keyword into the address1 field, some popup appears which contains address list that have the keyword entered. The address list would have zipcode, addres column. Then, someone selects the exact zipcode, and the exact address info would be set to zipcode and address1 field. Is it possible to implement this function without making all the zipcode information as object? Because it would consume so much object quota. And in some aspect, if this function could be included to next Rollbase release as a common function, it would be wonderful.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 11-Jul-2011 13:24

This may be tricky but possible. You can implement custom HTML component which would send AJAX requests to the server using rbf_selectQuery() client-side API. To find out more about Rollbase API please check Chapter 7 of documentation.

This thread is closed