Why my private cloud calendar fails to display 2byte Charact

Posted by Rollbase User on 06-Apr-2011 18:14

I'm evaluating Rollbase Private Cloud on my PC. I installed mysql and tomcat7.0 All worked smoothly except for the calendar. I was testing UTF-8 support using Korean Character, but whenever I create personal object 'Home Visit' which has 'Event' attribute, I encounter some hanging caused by javascript error. The IE8.0 webbrowser screen shows 'Loading', and the javascript error is like this. 'rbv_e' was not defined calendarAJAXData.js Code: 0 and sometimes 'rbv_ta' was not defined Rollbase 'Meeting' object shows all Korean Character perfectly. When I tested on your Rollbase Hosted Cloud, All worked perfectly including my personal object 'Home Visit' Can I get some hint regarding the cause of this symptoms?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 08-Apr-2011 13:12

This will be addressed in Saturday's update.

Posted by Admin on 13-Apr-2011 03:52

Thanks! Then, where can I find the update? Is that not released yet?

Posted by Admin on 13-Apr-2011 10:07

Do you mean updates for Rollbase Private Cloud? They're running slightly behind the software on rollbase.com. We plan to update downloadable binaries in May.

Posted by Admin on 10-Jul-2011 20:10

When I tested using recent Rollbase Private Cloud release, all the function works perfect! Many Thanks!

Posted by Admin on 10-Jul-2011 21:25

You're welcome. Rollbase recently significantly improved support for Asian languages, including Korean (newly added).

Posted by Admin on 10-Jul-2011 23:42

I saw the korean translation deployed recently. At first, I was delighted to find the korean language selection option. But, when I looked deeply inside, I found some of translation was wrong or not exact. So, now I'm translating to korean on my own.

Posted by Admin on 10-Jul-2011 23:55

Translation was done through Google API. It is certainly not perfect and we'd be glad to cooperate with native Korean speakers to improve it. I can send you Korean resource file if you're interested - please send me a note on pavel at rollbase dot com

This thread is closed