View inputted comments in workflow status change

Posted by Rollbase User on 02-Sep-2010 23:41

How can we get the inputted comment for every workflow status change? I wanted to see all the comments that I put in every workflow status change that I did. I wanted to see the comments in list views, view page and reports.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 03-Sep-2010 09:41

There is a component "Comments Table" which can be added to every record's View page. You can also have report on comments - it's listed as an option on New Report page.

What's your idea of displaying comments? Can you provide some prototype so I would understand you better?

Posted by Admin on 06-Sep-2010 04:53

For example, I have a Position Object that has the following workflow status: Created, Approved, Cancelled, Closed.

One position record can be changed from Created to Approved to Cancelled and in each status change, I provided a comment. I would then want to create a report that details the changes I made:

Status from Status to Comments
Created Approved Hiring Manager approval
Approved Cancelled Cancelled this position since it is no
longer needed

How can this be done in Rollbase?

Posted by Admin on 06-Sep-2010 11:10

OK, I'm working on this issue among others. I'll twit when I'm done: http://twitter.com/pvorobiev

Posted by Admin on 13-Sep-2010 01:56

ok, thanks. i would have to create a twitter account then :)

Posted by Admin on 25-Jan-2011 12:53

In case anyone needs to know the syntax for looping through comments in Formula fields, it's like this:

var i=0;
{!#LOOP_BEGIN.$COMMENT}
i++;
{!#LOOP_END.$COMMENT}
return i;

Posted by Admin on 25-Jan-2011 13:13

This formula actually should work if you have a base object in scope (on view page, for instance). In the future we may provide a better support for comments and similar objects in Query API.

This thread is closed