Generating an email link

Posted by Rollbase User on 19-Jan-2011 02:50

Hi Guys, I want to create a link that will send an email to a particular user using a particular template. I think I've worked out that it needs to look something like this: https.........blah blah.../prod1/m/send.jsp?act=populate&id=13918181&templateId=12330239&objDefId=11808422&destId=11808446 However,the template ID is different in my published application, so I need to find out how to get the template ID based on the original ID or the name of the template. Is this possible ? I can't use the Email Template field type, because the picklist shows a list of templates for the current object, but I actually want to send an e-mail using a template from a related object. Also, what is the difference between act=populate and act=clean in the query string? Thanks, Matt

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 19-Jan-2011 09:33

You can create workflow action to send email based on certain template. That will give you a template token for this action.

Posted by Admin on 19-Jan-2011 15:29

Hi Pavel,

I don't think this works, because the available templates are for the current object only. Like I mentioned above, I want to send an e-mail using a template from a related object...

for example: my (loan)application object has a number of tasks, and these tasks will be configured to send different e-mails for the application using templates from the application. however, when I create a workflow action for the tasks, I only see templates for the tasks (not the application).

Could you make it possible to make workflow actions so that they can send e-mail using a related parent objects templates?

Posted by Admin on 19-Jan-2011 17:15

This should work if you use tokens for related Application object (URL to Action pages). There is a bug, however, which will be fixed over the weekend. So please try after the next release.

Posted by Admin on 24-Jan-2011 21:06

Hey Pavel, if this bug is now fixed, would you be able to give me an example, because I don't quite understand what you mean in the above comment. Sorry!

Posted by Admin on 24-Jan-2011 22:34

Hopefully screen capture will help.

This thread is closed