Columns do not line up in views.

Posted by Rollbase User on 11-Jan-2011 13:24

I have 5 views stacked on top of one another in a portal - is there anyway i can get the columns to line up on all the views? Even if I make all the views the same # of columns they don't line up. Any ideas?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 11-Jan-2011 13:33

I know that numeric fields are right aligned, but the text fields don't align either.

Posted by Admin on 12-Jan-2011 13:41

You can try to set width with CSS. For ex:

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2011 01:53

Wouldnt that make the list width the same but not line up the actaul columns since they are not lined up at their current width?

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2011 02:08

It should make all columns the same width (unless there is an image which is wider than the set width and overrides it). If all columns are the same width in all view tables, then they should all line up, no?

It is kind of a hack, though. It would be better to be able to set width for each column independently. If each table head (th) had it's own ID, then this could be achieved with CSS.

For ex:

If HTML for column 1 was

and column 2 was

The CSS could set each width independently:

#12345_01{
width: 100px;
}
#12345_02{
width: 150px;
}

Maybe Rollbase can add more ID's and Class names to HTML, so it is easier to customize? Or provide the option of setting width as part of a View properties...

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2011 02:10

I agree. Thanks for the input - nice to get some other peoples feedback.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2011 02:13

Question Mike, Are you using rollbase for your own build or are you reselling? I am curious as I could also use more support on these higher end issue above my knowledge level and it is hard to find many experts that want to learn this system for more work... Just curious.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2011 02:24

I am working for an ISV reseller. We've been using Rollbase for a couple years now. You can email me: sancilardi [at] gmail [dot] com if you have any Q's.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2011 16:21

hi guys, I'd also like to add support for more ID's in the html. there have been several things that I have wanted to hide or change using CSS/javascript ( for example the title bar along the top that has the application name in it).

This thread is closed