picklist default.

Posted by Rollbase User on 06-Jan-2011 18:55

Why does the default function for picklists only work with creating a record and not edittign an existing record? Shouldnt it default to that value regardless? Example: I changed an existing picklist to now have a default. When I add a record i do not have that field in the ADD form, but i do have it on the edit and view side. When you view or edit it it is blank - not set to the default?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 10-Jan-2011 11:25

Hi Tory,

Picklist default values only apply to when you are creating a record, otherwise this would cause problems for people editing records who may not want that value and would have to remember to change it.

If you have a group of records for which you want to update the picklist values, you can do a mass update.

Hope this helps
Matt

Posted by Admin on 10-Jan-2011 12:00

The problem is that when you create a record if that field is not on the CREATE form it does not set the default. Which goes against what a default is. If i create a record and i choose a picklist to default to X it should be x - but it leaves it blank. Then when you go to an edit screen it is blank. Shouldn't the default field work even if it is not on the create form?

This thread is closed