Increase time limit for triggers?

Posted by Rollbase User on 23-Dec-2010 20:43

Any chance you can increase the time limit for Triggers? I've been noticing many trigger failures due to going over the max allotted time of 5000ms. In almost all of these cases, there is a single SQL query api: rbv_api.selectValue(...) with one or two short javascript statements (like "if (vlu == "yes") return true; else return false;". These triggers seem to be going over the time limit because of the time it takes for rbv_api.selectValue(...) to run, which tends to take longer than 5 seconds on many occasions. I understand the need to have a time limit, but its frustrating when the triggers fail even though they contain only a couple lines of code and 1 SQL query. Every one I noticed that fails takes anywhere from 5001ms to 9000ms.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 23-Dec-2010 21:02

I don't think increasing time is a solution, but we're about to make some improvements in server performance which will hopefully resolve the issue. Please keep me updated.

Posted by Admin on 29-Dec-2010 02:32

Hi Mike, we've had similar issues and are working with Pavel to try and find out why the server is running so slow lately. 5 secs for a simple query seems excessive... I'd like to hear more about the type of system you are building... Email me if you get a chance on matt@primesoftwaresystems.com.au

Posted by Admin on 29-Dec-2010 11:46

This will be increased to 10 sec.

This thread is closed