I want to show the latest ID of an object when a page load.

Posted by Rollbase User on 23-Nov-2010 08:18

I want to show the latest ID of an object when a page load. How can I do this?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 23-Nov-2010 11:22

Do you mean onload DOM event? we currently do not use template tokens there, although it may be a good idea.

Posted by Admin on 24-Nov-2010 07:05

hm. thanks for answering. but what could be a good work around with it?

I have 2 objects. Lets just say that the first object is named Quote. Then I created a new child object of the Quote object named Quote Line with a 1 Quote to many Quote Line relationship.
On adding up a record, Quote should be first added. and then the Quote Line. And what I wanted to do is to show on the Quote Line page the ID (which is an autonumber) of the last Quote record added instead of using the lookup field to choose where should it be referenced (and I don't want the user to choose where it will be referenced. It should be on the latest Quote record he added). so that the user will know that the last Quote record he added is where the Quote Line records he will be adding is referenced to.

thanks. I hope you can solve my problem. :)

Posted by Admin on 02-Dec-2010 17:22

You should be able to do an rb api call to get the record ID with the highest value for that object

Posted by clga29261 on 01-Mar-2015 21:07

how?

Posted by Manooj Murali on 02-Mar-2015 03:26

'You should be able to do an rb api call to get the record ID with the highest value for that object'

- Unless I am wrong, this can be achieve using the selectQuery api where the query can have the condition you need.

-Thanks,

Manooj

Posted by clga29261 on 02-Mar-2015 03:30

sample please? im newbie

[collapse]
On 2 March 2015 at 17:26, Manooj Murali <bounce-mmurali@community.progress.com> wrote:
Reply by Manooj Murali

'You should be able to do an rb api call to get the record ID with the highest value for that object'

- Unless I am wrong, this can be achieve using the selectQuery api where the query can have the condition you need.

-Thanks,

Manooj

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

This thread is closed