Filtering views for a specific role.

Posted by Rollbase User on 22-Nov-2010 03:18

Hi, how can I filter a view for a specific role when I have this scenario. I have a role named "Manager" that reports to a role "Secretary" that reports to a role "VP" that in turn reports to a role "President". I want to filter a view named "all Clients" for the "President" role that will let me see all clients under a Manager that reports to a Secretary that reports to a VP that reports to that President? what would be the best solution to this? Thank you in advance.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 22-Nov-2010 12:35

Since User has relationship with Client record, you can assign View permissions through that relationship. That will enable other users higher in hierarchy to view Clients records of their subordinates. Please check Chapter 11 for more info.

Posted by Admin on 22-Nov-2010 20:56

yes it can indeed do that, but my problem is if I am logged in as "President (role)" I could see all the clients under a "Manager (role)" that does not report under me.

The requirement is that I must view all clients from a Manager that reports to a Secretary that reports to a VP that reports to me logged in a President.

I could only filter the view that I want if the Manager is directly reporting under President.

Posted by Admin on 22-Nov-2010 22:16

Why you're talking about filtering but not about Permissions? This a bug misunderstanding, I think. "President" role can have full view access, I don't see an issue with that.

Posted by Admin on 23-Nov-2010 04:01

I'm in a scenario where the President role must only view the clients who is owned by a Manager under him (although not directly). I know that it sounds confusing and maybe impractical but that is the requirement that I need to fulfill.

In my current situation the President role has indeed view access to all records.
Thanks in advance.

Posted by Admin on 23-Nov-2010 11:19

Please review Chapter 11 - I cannot say more that you can find there.

Posted by Admin on 23-Nov-2010 21:13

Issue resolved. the solution was to remove object permissions from the President role in the object in which I want to set the views to. Thanks!

This thread is closed