counting and filtering records in HTML template

Posted by Rollbase User on 11-Oct-2010 04:52

I have a report that uses HTML TEMPLATE. The report needs to show the count of inquiries on a month to date and year to date basis. At first, I put this code: SUM(1, '{!status#code}'=='$ATTENDED' && '{!main_classification#code}'=='Gen Info') this counts all inquiries that are attended and classified as General Information. This works well. However, from the requirement, the report needs to show two information: count by month and count by year. So, I did this: SUM(1, '{!status#code}'=='$ATTENDED' && '{!main_classification#code}'=='Gen Info' && '{!date_of_inquiry}' >= MONTH) + SUM(1, '{!status#code}'=='$ATTENDED' && '{!main_classification#code}'=='Gen Info' && '{!date_of_inquiry}' >= YEAR) This does not work and only displays zero. I also tried SUM(1, '{!status#code}'=='$ATTENDED' && '{!main_classification#code}'=='Gen Info' && new Date( '{!date_of_inquiry}') >= MONTH) and it also returned zero. What is the proper code to have the correct count of attended inquiries with code = 'Gen In

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 11-Oct-2010 12:18

SUM is deprecated and no longer listed in our documentation. This old function will affect performance of your app. Please use #CALC_SUM or selectNumber() instead. Than you'll be able to use debugging tools.

Posted by Admin on 11-Oct-2010 21:11

in Recruitday Application, there is a report "EEO 1 HEADCOUNT SUMMARY" which is an HTML template. This is where I got the idea of using SUM(). I am now using #CALC_SUM but it does not work - no data is retrieved (returns only empty). I put

#CALC_SUM.inquiry( 1 | true );

this just counts all records in Inquiry object. No data is returned.

Posted by Admin on 11-Oct-2010 22:38

It is deprecated. I suggest you do not use SUM().

Posted by Admin on 11-Oct-2010 22:40

yes, i am not using SUM anymore. but #CALC_SUM is not working. It does not return the correct count. The most simple of which is

#CALC_SUM.inquiry( 1 | true );

I also tried

#CALC_COUNT.inquiry( 1 | true );

but no value is returned. Not even a zero

Posted by Admin on 11-Oct-2010 22:42

Please submit support request so I could take a closer look.

Posted by Admin on 11-Oct-2010 22:54

Thanks. done creating the support ticket

Posted by Admin on 11-Oct-2010 23:32

Do you happen to know who has nickname AODIntersect on this forum? I think this is one of your guys. If so please advise him to use more reasonable image - this is not a gaming forum but gathering of professionals.

This thread is closed