Mass update for a workflow status?

Posted by Rollbase User on 22-Sep-2010 18:43

The system will not allow me to mass update a workflow status, is that a system limitation or is there another way to mass update workflow statuses on a group of records? Also, is there a way to Map an import field to workflow status? That is not a field option when you are creating an import map. If there is no way to do this how would you suggest to do the following: I am importing a few thousand live records from my current database. These records all have STATUSES that need to flow to rollbase as a workflow status. Besides going into every record and manually changing the workflow status what other way would there be to do that?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 22-Sep-2010 18:49

1. I disagree: bring up Mass Update page and use Page Editor to add Workflow Status to it.

2. We may want to add mapping of workflow status to spreadsheet column.

Posted by Admin on 22-Sep-2010 18:58

I have added that field to the mass update page and have tried it numerous times - The workflow status does not change. Trust me I have tried it over and over again... I try not to bug you until I hit a wall.

Posted by Admin on 23-Sep-2010 06:33

Anything you can do to fix this? I have imported a couple thousand records I will now have to manually change them 1 by 1.

Posted by Admin on 23-Sep-2010 10:11

I'll try to address this over weekend.

Posted by Admin on 30-Sep-2010 01:02

This is still not fixed.

Posted by Admin on 30-Sep-2010 11:22

Are you talking about Mass Update or Update through import? Please provide exact steps to reproduce, including your object name etc.

Posted by Admin on 01-Oct-2010 17:27

Mass Update - When you use this feature it manipulates several other fields not included in the update. I use it on our CUSTOMER object. It happens anytime i try to do a mass update on ANY field. I tried 4 diff fields to update and each time it changes other data in the record - all picklists.

Posted by Admin on 01-Oct-2010 18:56

That's probably done by 63 triggers you've created on your Customer object. Please run Triggers Debug.

This thread is closed