Record visibility issues

Posted by Rollbase User on 23-Sep-2010 03:42

I have serious issues with regards to record visibility. The requirement is that the user should only see records within his area. I used LDF which is working as desired. However, the user also needed the ability to "share the records." Meaning, if one user has access to a record, he can share that record to other users outside his area. How can we do this in Rollbase? Second, Suppose there is a master-detail relationship, like, order and order details. What I needed to do is if a certain person has access to the master record, the same user should have access also to the details. What happens now in Rollbase is that I would need to create User-relationships in all objects which is not really good and not seamless.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 23-Sep-2010 10:10

1. You should be able to share records relative to LDF filter by setting their location to NULL. I should check how this work.

2. Do not set relationship-based permissions for details record, give full access. Access to master record will restrict access to details.

Posted by Admin on 23-Sep-2010 21:26

Re: #1
"You should be able to share records relative to LDF filter by setting their location to NULL"
-- setting the Location of what records? The user record or the object record being shared?

Sample, I have two Users A and B. A is in Group with Location = New Jersey and B is in a Group with Location = Texas.

I also have 3 records from Object M.
Record 1 from Object M has Location = New Jersey
Record 2 from Object M has Location = Texas
Record 3 from Object M has Location = New Jersey

In short, User A will see Record 1 and Record 3 and User B will see Record 2.

Now, at some point, User A wanted to share Record 1 to User B. User A needs to give view permission to User B. It is also possible that in the future, User A will also give edit permission to User B of Record 1.

Record 3 remains to be seen only by User A.

Re: #2
The master record will restrict the visibility from view pages but since the user has full access, he can search the record from Global Search.

The same problem also exists for Jun

Posted by Admin on 28-Sep-2010 04:34

I'd like to follow-up on this question. Thank you.

This thread is closed