Tracking Email Bounces

Posted by Rollbase User on 19-Apr-2010 12:04

When sending an email out via rollbase.com how do I track bouncebacks? Will they come directly back to me as the sender?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 19-Apr-2010 12:08

Try use gmail capabilities built into Rollbase app.

Personal Setup > My Preferences > enter gmail user name and password, check "Use gmail" (if you don't see these fields use Page editor to add them to the page).

This will enable receiving bounced emails. Otherwise Rollbase only sends emails, it does not process incoming emails.

Posted by Admin on 23-Apr-2010 09:41

The replyto address will be your email address, so assuming the mail server sends bouncebacks to replyto, yes it will be sent back to you.

Posted by Admin on 17-Sep-2010 10:19

Hi Matt/Pavel,

I wonder what part of the system(configuration) dictates the name of the sender (Sent by) to be shown in the email received by a recipient.
I see some emails with Sent by as the First Name and Last Name of the administrator, but it seems this is not always the case.

I'm browsing the Rollbase documents as well.

Posted by Admin on 17-Sep-2010 10:24

Please check Chapter 14.
If email is sent by a user, it will bear his/her name. If automatically from trigger - default name set up in Account Settings.

Posted by Admin on 17-Sep-2010 10:50

Hi Pavel - that is actually what I know.

However, it seems it is not always the case. I created two templates and two triggers. One trigger to send out each email.

The first email template when sent out by the first trigger shows the Account Name as the Sender. However, when the second email template was sent out using the second trigger, the Sender now bears First Name/Last Name of my login name.

By the way, I logged on as an administrator for both occasions.

Posted by Admin on 17-Sep-2010 18:16

If you're invoking these triggers from UI page the second is normal behavior. To figure out the first one please submit Support Request with full info to reproduce (you know the drill)

This thread is closed