Publishing applications and seed records

Posted by Rollbase User on 06-Sep-2010 17:05

Hi Guys, I have an application that is ready to be tested, and we are going to use it with live data on a very small number of clients. Is this the best time to publish the application? Some questions about publishing: Do the URLs or paths change in the published application? We have already data entered a lot of the lenders and hundreds of real contacts into the development environment -- do we need to create seed records for all of these by attaching one at a time? What do we do about hosted files? Can I continue to make changes to the application and re-publish without affecting the live data? Do paid user accounts need to belong to the live site OR the dev site, or can they belong to both? Thank you for your help.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 12-Sep-2010 20:01

Hi Matt/Pavel,

Just hoping to get some info on this. I'm now testing with live data in dev environment because I'm unfamiliar with the publishing process.

Posted by Admin on 15-Sep-2010 22:05

Sorry for not answering to this promptly:

Do the URLs or paths change in the published application?
==> No if you did not hard-coded IDs (such as page ID) in your URLs

We have already data entered a lot of the lenders and hundreds of real contacts into the development environment -- do we need to create seed records for all of these by attaching one at a time?
==> This is really up to you. You can import/export data through XLS or use seed data.

What do we do about hosted files?
==> You can now include them into app. But you can also refer to hosted file from DEV zone

Can I continue to make changes to the application and re-publish without affecting the live data?
==> Yes, that's the whole idea.

Do paid user accounts need to belong to the live site OR the dev site, or can they belong to both?
==> Please talk to Matt about the pricing.

This thread is closed