Why are the Backup vs FTP Backup outputs different

Posted by Rollbase User on 25-Aug-2010 11:30

I recently ran the online Backup to save the contents of a zone to a zip file. In comparing it to a zip file created from the FTP Backup option under Batch Jobs, it appears that the unzipped directories contain somewhat different outputs. What is the difference between the 2 utilities? Why would I run 1 instead of the other?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 25-Aug-2010 12:18

We have two types of backup. UI driven backup outputs each object in separate CSV file. FTP backup takes actual DB tables. Please see Chapter 9 for more details.

Posted by Admin on 26-Aug-2010 07:31

I read chapter 9. It explains the Full Backup and how the files are primarily downloaded objects in csv format. However, the section on Scheduled FTP Backups says "You can schedule periodical (daily etc) backups as a Batch Job. Please see Chapter 14 for more details." However, I do not see Chapter 14 online - is it available yet?

Posted by Admin on 26-Aug-2010 12:27

Unfortunately we don't have time to finish documentation. Sorry for inconvenience.

Posted by Admin on 26-Aug-2010 22:42

Hi Tom,

Most of the remaining documentation is on my plate and I have been slow to finish it. We are getting there...

Thanks,
Matt

This thread is closed