Java Assemblers

Posted by Rollbase User on 09-Aug-2010 07:49

Is there a way to get a mapping file using Java assemblers like Hibernate to identify a Java type value class?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 09-Aug-2010 11:37

You can get field types from XML API. You can also try our JDBC driver to access server database through JDBC mechanism. This is experimental project not fully tested.

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2010 03:07

Hi, does the JDBC driver allow Update, Create, Delete statements. As I read it only allows Select statement?
Do you plan to provide full SQL support for the JDBC driver like inner, outer joins, views creation, trigger statements etc.?

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2010 11:26

Currently JDBC driver only supports SELECT queries.

Posted by Admin on 13-Aug-2010 18:50

Pavel is correct. The JDBC driver is currently a beta feature that only supports SELECT. We will enhance it to support Update, Create and Delete if there is sufficient customer demand (i.e. we can tie this work to a tangible increase in revenue)

Hope this helps,
Matt

Posted by Admin on 16-Aug-2010 08:40

Hi,

When do you plan to add the Update, Insert, Delete methods?

Posted by Admin on 16-Aug-2010 10:11

We need to make sure that this project is important for our customers. We need to validate it before pouring more resources.

I suggest you start client-side development with existing driver. As soon as we validate it we'll add more features.

Posted by Admin on 17-Aug-2010 11:18

Ok.

What data access version do you use? Is it JDBC 2.x or JDBC 1.x APIs..
What level or type do you use?

Do you have any plans to provide access for the source files of your JDBC driver for community support?

Posted by Admin on 17-Aug-2010 11:52

JDBC driver is 2.0 compatible. This software essentially provides a wrapper around Rollbase REST server. I can send you the source code if you're interested.

Posted by Admin on 18-Aug-2010 01:06

Sure Thank you!! Can you send it to my Gmail account..

Posted by Admin on 18-Aug-2010 01:09

Please submit support request on rollbase.com I don't have your gmail account.

Posted by Admin on 20-Aug-2010 19:00

I've added complete source code for JDBC driver to downloadable ZIP file.

This thread is closed