Customizing the save workflow

Posted by Rollbase User on 11-Aug-2010 04:19

Is there a way to add a validation before saving an object? Lets say I were to create a new User so before the system performs the save a pop-up window will appear that contains all the information for the field with a confirmation message and input buttons. so after visual verification then the system performs the save.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 11-Aug-2010 11:28

We never had this request before. You can define HTML events onload and onunload. Perhaps we can add onSubmit. In such event the user can use confirm() or something similar.

Meanwhile you can use validation triggers on server side to validate your data before storing them in DB.

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2010 03:03

Ok. but this will not provide you with an option to add a custom validation before saving an object. If you can add an event listener for onSubmit this will be better as I can perform custom validation and display to a user before saving the object. I know there are validations available but I need to hack the submit process and provide the user with a visual cue before saving it.

Thanks so much!

Posted by Admin on 13-Aug-2010 18:59

You can write your own JavaScript that runs in the page's OnLoad method to find the Save button(s) and attach your validation JS there.

Hope this helps,
Matt

This thread is closed