More Workflow Actions

Posted by Rollbase User on 11-Aug-2010 20:25

It would be great to have more options for workflow action types, such as "Change Field" and "Object Script" so that you can perform actions without changing the status and running triggers. For example, I want to have an action called "Reschedule task to tomorrow" which just changes a date field. I would also like this to occur without the "Change Status" screen appearing. is this possible?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 11-Aug-2010 20:27

At the moment, you must choose a Change Status page when changing status. Can this be optional (ie a None option in the list). the comments page slows users down, and is sometimes unneccesary in some circumstances.

Posted by Admin on 11-Aug-2010 21:37

You can run triggers on all records by choosing "Run Triggers" in Triggers section on Object View page. We can also develop a new type of Batch Jobs for this.

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2010 05:07

Hey Pavel...sorry, I'm not looking to make batch updates. I'm wanting my "workflow action" to be able to update a field without changing the objects status. At the moment, workflow action only offers the following options:

what would be great if you could add to this list:

1. Update field

2. Object Script

exactly the same as you have in the triggers options.

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2010 05:15

here is the triggers options

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2010 11:25

What you've listed is implemented as triggers. Triggers do run automatically on certain conditions. So you can create this condition: make a check box "Run triggers" and check it.

This can be implemented as a special type of workflow actions, please talk to Matt Robinson about it.

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2010 15:03

Actually the best solution would be to use Workflow Status. Create a new Status S1 and set up triggers to run when status is changed to S1.

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2010 17:09

I could do that, but I don't want my status to change. I could setup triggers to change it back again, but it becomes a messy hack. The other way would be much cleaner.

Also, I don't want the status change page to show.

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2010 17:33

OK, I can do that. You owe me a beer.

Posted by Admin on 13-Aug-2010 18:48

Matt,

The current options for this are to use the status change page or use triggers. We will not be adding a new workflow action type and special page type for this in the short term, but your suggestion is a good one.

Thanks,
Matt

This thread is closed