Trigger Scheduler

Posted by Rollbase User on 03-Aug-2010 23:32

I'm trying to schedule a trigger execution every 2 minutes but I noticed that the trigger does not run when I do a normal update to the record and trigger itself does not run after 2 min. My objective is to execute the trigger every 2 min aside from the normal "after update" of triggers. I've done the following setup. Run Relative To |CurrentTime| Run At | After | 0 | Days | 0 | Hrs | 2 | Min Please advise. Thanks

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2010 09:37

In the setup above the trigger will run once, and only once, 2 minutes after an update occurs. Are you saying you need it to keep running every 2 minutes indefinitely?

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2010 21:15

Yes Matt, is there a way to let the trigger run every 2 minutes?

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2010 22:07

Yes Matt, is there a way to let the trigger execute every 2 minutes?

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2010 22:21

We purposely do not allow triggers to recur this frequently because it would cause potential for significant overuse of processing resources.

Can you provide a summary of why you need this behavior and perhaps we can suggest a safe alternative?

Thanks

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2010 22:51

If that is the case, do you allow non-real time triggers like for example a trigger that is schedule to run at 11:59pm. The scenario is that I need to execute a "Create New Record" trigger that will run to a specified time. The trigger will return true if the payment of a client did not change and returns false if the payment changes.

Thanks.

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2010 23:56

You can schedule trigger to run relative to any field value in current record. For instance, 24 hours from record's creation (recursively).

We definitely do not and will not allow trigger to run every 2 minutes.

This thread is closed