Using IFRAMES and HTML button links.

Posted by Rollbase User on 04-Aug-2010 18:37

When you use the embed IFRAME HTML for a web portal, but your portal uses html buttons to navaigate thorugh - how do you stop the process of the application from leaving the IFRAME when you get to one of these steps?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2010 18:56

Your buttons and links should not take the user out of the iframe unless you have the target attribute set on the URL. Don't use the target attribute and you should be fine

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2010 18:59

What should I use as the target attribute then?

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2010 19:08

Nothing, it is not needed.

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2010 19:11

What if I want an actual button instead of a text link? Here is what i am using now to create a button to wallk a client through an application on our website.

I want the button to look like a button as opposed to the word "No". Is there a way to do this and keep it in the iframe?

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2010 19:12

BUTTON TEXT:

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2010 19:13

What if I want an actual button instead of a text link? Here is what i am using now to create a button to wallk a client through an application on our website.

I want the button to look like a button as opposed to the word "No". Is there a way to do this and keep it in the iframe?

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2010 19:13

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2010 19:16

I tried to post this on the help section but the html disappears.

This is the html I am using to create a physical button to walk a customer through our application we have created in rollbase. I would rather have a button over a text link that just says YES or NO. Is there a way to make this button point to the correct link and keep the application in the IFRAME? Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2010 19:30

Try removing the "parent." in your onlick code. That should do it. It should be:

onClick="location='http ...

This thread is closed