Workflow with other online systems

Posted by Rollbase User on 03-Aug-2010 07:43

Hi, Following up on this question about connectors: http://getsatisfaction.com/rollbase/topics/what_connectors_have_you_got_going I'm really interested in Rollbase's ability to talk to other online services. My particular need is for Rollbase to string together other services via a workflow I define. How would I set this up? An example: a customer makes a payment through a payment system, which sends a notification to Rollbase. Rollbase picks up on this by checking the notification for certain conditions and sends an authenticated request to an online contract-signing service to create a new contract, with data on the customer's name and our company's name sent along with it. Is this the kind of workflow you could build into a Rollbase app? Thanks, J.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 03-Aug-2010 12:07

Yes, this can be done as follows:

1. The payment system would need to send a SOAP or REST request to Rollbase via our APIs to create a payment notification. You can create an Object definition to represent payment notifications.

2. On your payment notification object you can create a Document Template to represent a request to your online contract-signing service by including all the data you need in the right places as merge fields.

3. On your payment notification object you can then create a Trigger of type 'HTTP Post' that runs 'After Create'. Select the document template you defined in step 2, input the target URL of your online contract-signing service for the request, and define your own condition to determine whether or not the trigger should actually be run (i.e. whether the request should actually be sent)

So this is a combination of APIs and Triggers.

Hope this helps,
Matt

Posted by Admin on 03-Aug-2010 16:18

Yes, this can be done as follows:

1. The payment system would need to send a SOAP or REST request to Rollbase via our APIs to create a payment notification. You can create an Object definition to represent payment notifications.

2. On your payment notification object you can create a Document Template to represent a request to your online contract-signing service by including all the data you need in the right places as merge fields.

3. On your payment notification object you can then create a Trigger of type 'HTTP Post' that runs 'After Create'. Select the document template you defined in step 2, input the target URL of your online contract-signing service for the request, and define your own condition to determine whether or not the trigger should actually be run (i.e. whether the request should actually be sent)

So this is a combination of APIs and Triggers.

Hope this helps,
Matt

This thread is closed