Custom View Not Working

Posted by Rollbase User on 09-Feb-2010 17:27

Is there a different way I should design this view? I want an employee to be able to view any lead that they are linked to. I linked them to the lead (customer) by creating a relationship for employees to customers. I then added a test employee to several different customer records. When I build the view that the employee will be able to access it isnt working right. If i use this filter (Employees "equals" Current_User) then nothing comes up in the view. If I use this filter (Employees "equals" trest trest) then it brings up all records that "trest trest" is an employee of. Why doesnt Current_User work and bring up all the records that current user is an employee of? This is for a view I am using in a portal so it has to be tied to a table with unlimited users (employees) not users that actually use roll base. So what is the best way to do this correctly?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 09-Feb-2010 17:55

We should enable filtering by current portal visitor the same way but this is not done yet because we never had demand for it. I'll add this to my plate.

Posted by Admin on 10-Feb-2010 11:04

Ok, so currently there is no way to do it? So any portal user can access all records? Any temporary work around I can use so users can not see records they have no permission to?

Also, what would the timeline be to get it working correctly?

Posted by Admin on 10-Feb-2010 11:06

Portal visitor can access records visible to "Portal Visitor" system user role. Permissions for that role (like for any other role) may include:
- access to all objects of certain type
- access based on relationships

When you do portal development you can see "Portal Visitor Permissions" link - use it.

Posted by Admin on 03-Jun-2010 04:07

When will the portal user be working in order for a view to be able to filter employee list in comparison to the user that is logged in? Right now portals have very limited flexibility.

Posted by Admin on 03-Jun-2010 11:38

I think your employees should be Rollbase users.

This thread is closed