trigger formula

Posted by Rollbase User on 06-Apr-2010 18:22

Having issues with creating a trigger with a correct formula. What formula would I use for the system to verify a value from a picklist BEFORE it changes the workflow status? It says it verifies if formula is true before it runs the trigger, but i am having an issue creating a true formula for a picklist. This is what I have: {!change_status#code=9800176} That is a picklist, but i have a feeling i am doing it wrong. Just need the formula to say if the value is 9800176 then it is ok to change the workflow status - Can anyone help me and give me an example to paste into the trigger formula box? Thanks!

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 06-Apr-2010 21:07

For values before update try using #before suffix:

{!change_status#before} == 9800176

Please check Chapter 6 of documentation for more details.

Posted by Admin on 07-Apr-2010 12:31

That formula will not validate. All I need is a quick sample for thise trigger and I can extrapulate it for all triggers. If the drop down is the value 9800176 then it will activate the trigger, but i can not get the formulas right. Anyone have this little snippet of formula that will work?

Posted by Admin on 07-Apr-2010 14:32

I paid someone online to type me an example - here it is for anyone else to reference in the future:

if({!change_status#id} == '9800176')

return true;

else

return false;

Paste this in and change the field name and id # and it will work.

Posted by Admin on 07-Apr-2010 15:24

Status id (as any other id in Rollbase is a number. Quoted '9800176' is a string. So may be
'{!change_status#id}' == '9800176'

This thread is closed