Question on using the Soap API

Posted by Rollbase User on 02-Feb-2010 01:05

Soap API create method had 4 parameters, but what parameters should I pass? The documentation seems not updated so I'm having trouble trying to create a record. And also, this is a creation of one record at a time... is there a way to pass multiple records using the soap API?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 02-Feb-2010 01:49

Posted by Admin on 02-Feb-2010 01:53

I assume that one of the parameter is the session id, then the next string is the object name. What data type will I pass on the 3rd if it is the values to be pass for the fields and what is the 4th paramater. And also on the return value, if the record is inserted without error... what value will it return?

Posted by Admin on 02-Feb-2010 12:08

The fourth parameter is boolean useIds which should be true if you use internal ids for relationships etc.and false otherwise.

Thanks for noticing, I'll update documentation ASAP.

Posted by Admin on 02-Feb-2010 19:20

Hi Pavel! Thanks for your response. How about the 3rd parameter? How will I pass the values to the fields?

Posted by Admin on 02-Feb-2010 22:13

This parameter is explained in documentation. Instance of DataFieldArr is essentially array of DataField. Each DataField wraps a single field's value as string paired with field's integration name.

This structure was selected for compatibility reasons with other SOAP systems.

Posted by Admin on 02-Feb-2010 23:20

Pavel, I just want to confirm if the DataFieldArr is the field values of a single record?

Posted by Admin on 02-Feb-2010 23:22

Yes, its array of field values for a single record to be created.

Posted by Admin on 02-Feb-2010 23:30

There is no api yet for creating a list of records? What I'm doing now is I'm using a integration tool that will import the records in a csv file to rollbase but by using the DataFieldArr, I will need to make a loop then replace the value to insert each record. It will be a nice if I can do it by batch by passing a list of DataFieldArr.

Posted by Admin on 03-Feb-2010 11:28

We can provide new API to create, update, and delete groups of objects. I'll let you know as soon as its done.

Posted by Admin on 04-Feb-2010 12:36

For updated documentation regarding Web Services APIs, see chapter 15 here:
http://www.rollbase.com/support.html?pcURL=support/rollbaseInAction.html

Posted by Admin on 04-Feb-2010 23:07

I just deployed 3 new APIs: createArr, updateArr, deleteArr. Please check updated documentation for details.

Posted by Admin on 05-Feb-2010 05:34

Nice! Is there any limit on on the size of the array?

Posted by Admin on 05-Feb-2010 10:00

We limit number of API calls per 24 hours. For array API every array element is considered a call. There may be hardware limitations also.

Posted by Admin on 08-Feb-2010 23:12

How many API calls per day?

Posted by Admin on 08-Feb-2010 23:30

Hi Pavel!

Is DataObjects work just like DataFieldArray with added properties id and ObjectDefname?

Posted by Admin on 09-Feb-2010 03:00

Is this limitation is per rollbase org or per application inside the rollbase org?

Posted by Admin on 09-Feb-2010 10:24

Yes, that's correct.

Posted by Admin on 09-Feb-2010 10:27

This is limited per customer zone. You can find exact number on "About" page, it may be different from zone to zone.

Posted by Admin on 09-Feb-2010 21:02

Pavel, how does rollbase handles versioning of the api method? I mean for example, I use the search method last time then there are changes on the search method so I need to change also my code or my ETL.

Posted by Admin on 09-Feb-2010 21:17

We try to keep API backward compatible. Do you mean that your client stopped working after some update? In this case we need to find out why: search API was not changed.

Posted by Admin on 09-Feb-2010 21:51

Regarding on the API hit calls... Is both REST and SOAP api calls are deducted to my 50,000 API hit calls in my customer zone?

Posted by Admin on 09-Feb-2010 22:39

No, only SOAP is restricted so far. Actually this restriction is rather symbolic as you can see.

This thread is closed