Related Record link errors

Posted by Rollbase User on 02-Feb-2010 17:28

I have a view record page built with a link to edit a related record. When I click the link it takes me to a record that is not related to that first page - Why is that? Example: Customer (View New 1) Page has a link to edit a related Borrower record called Borrower (Initial App) - When i click that portal link it takes me to a borrower record edit page of a completetly different record - Not the one related to the Customer I am already in. I do not know why....

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 02-Feb-2010 18:00

In order to function properly Rollbase pages need ID of the record to be edited/viewed. If you add a link to Edit page this link does not have that ID. So the program does not know which record to edit and will pick up the most recent record "in scope" (most recently visited). That may or may not be what you want.

In order to precisely control page's behavior you need to loop through all related records (borrowers). Than for each related record construct URL with correct id and put that URL into ... construction. I did that for Customer (View New) (1) page, please take a look.

This thread is closed