can the RDBMS backend be changed to Oracle DB?

Posted by Rollbase User on 13-Jan-2010 21:40

can the RDBMS backend be changed to Oracle DB?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 13-Jan-2010 22:44

Rollbase was tested with Oracle 9i and can use this database.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2010 19:03

Yes, in fact one of our ISV partners is in production on Oracle today.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2010 21:22

excellent! i'm assisting one of our partners here in ASEAN to test this platform on the Oracle Database
how can I get official support for this?

Posted by Admin on 14-Jan-2010 22:05

Rollbase fully supports UTF8 characters, if that's what you mean.

We can assist you to install Rollbase binaries on your server with Oracle database, but that will require a special arrangement. Please contact sales for more details.

Posted by Admin on 15-Jan-2010 14:41

Rollbase is offered both as a hosted service using our multitenant infrastructure and as a licensed product. With the license model you can run Rollbase on your own servers using database(s) of your choice -- MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server.

You or your partner can contact us directly to find out more about enterprise licensing options (email sales@rollbase.com).

Posted by Admin on 15-Jan-2010 23:14

Thanks Matt, Pavel

i believe our partner has already bought the license. and they want to move it from mysql to oracle db. do you have any guides/documentation/manuals on how to do this? or do they have to engage a paid service?

Posted by Admin on 15-Jan-2010 23:57

We do have Rollbase DB installation guides. Please have the partner who purchased the license contact us for these as we need to work through whomever licensed the product.

As an aside, we can offer assistance with this if needed -- the partner would also need to engage us directly for this as well.

Thanks,
Matt

This thread is closed