Portal that allows a user to change only SOME fields of a sp

Posted by Rollbase User on 17-Dec-2009 18:30

What is the best way to setup a page that will show a list of items (related list i guess) in a table/spread sheet format. I want the portal user to be able to view the list and do 2 things: 1. Have a text area to enter any notes on line by line basis and 2. have access to 1 drop down field for every line of the spread sheet to change. Example: Account Name, Account #, Balance, STATUS (picklist), COMMENTS (text area) I want them to be able to change the dropdown (status) and enter notes into comment - but not be able to change any of the other data in the table. What is the best way to do this in a portal page? It seems an editable view would do it, but do those exist in a portal?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 18-Dec-2009 16:21

Please do this:
1. Create an empty section on portal (or any other) edit/new/status page
2. Drag-and-drop "Grid Control" there
3. After saving, press "Configure" link next to page and configure Grid Control: select relationships, columns etc.

Posted by Admin on 18-Dec-2009 17:37

Where do I get a grid control to drag and drop?

Posted by Admin on 19-Dec-2009 11:16

In "page Edit" mode there is a toolbar on the left with all available components.

Posted by Admin on 22-Dec-2009 13:24

Is there ANYWAY to make some of the grid data read only?

Posted by Admin on 22-Dec-2009 13:44

Please provide a screen capture or some drawing so I could understand your request better. At a moment I afraid we're talking about different things.

This thread is closed