Adding mulitple related records in a row from one form.

Posted by Rollbase User on 01-Dec-2009 15:29

I am using the portal to add related records to an object. If I want the user to have the option to add an additional record from a form how do I do that? Example - Adding an asset to a borrower object. Once they add 1 asset there might be more to add, but you are unable to add a portal link to add another asset and you cant direct the form to go to "ADD ASSET" after you just did one. What is the most seemless way to direct them back to the same form (but blank) so they can continue to add more records?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 01-Dec-2009 21:43

Tory, the only way to do this today is to direct them to click the "Add Asset" link (or whatever you called it) again from the same page. We may in the future provide the option for a "Save & Create Another" button that redirects back to a new page, but this is not currently available

Posted by Admin on 02-Dec-2009 11:48

Just curious - Why isnt the new page available as an option for where to direct the the submit button to?

Posted by Admin on 03-Dec-2009 17:53

When you use a link on the same page it never saves the data you just put on the form. You have to hit submit before you can add an additional record or the record never saves. Is therer something I am missing? Or are you saying have them hit submit and then go back to ADD another record link?

Posted by Admin on 04-Dec-2009 10:25

No, you have it right. I am saying have them hit submit and then go back to ADD another record link.

This thread is closed