Adding several objects to 1 portal page that have different

Posted by Rollbase User on 01-Dec-2009 14:11

Can I add a related list to a portal that is related to a portal form to an object that is not DIRECTLY related to that object? Example - I am using CUSTOMER as the main object for this portal I am creating, but I want the user to add a BORROWER object to every customer. That is all working fine, but now I want the user to be able to add an ASSET to the same form, but ASSET is related to BORROWER not CUSTOMER so it is not an option in the available componenets for my form. Is there a work around for this? Otherwise I only can think of 2 solutions - 1. Link ASSETS to CUSTOMER object as well. 2. Make them add the ASSET to a different form that is for the BORROWER object only - but if I go that direction there will be too many forms to go in and out of to complete a full app. Is there a better way to do this? My goal is to have all of the add options on 1 page even know they relate to diff objects - similar to your Employee Time Off Portal example - excpet more relationships between the objects.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 01-Dec-2009 15:22

I can suggest another work around: template field of BORROWER object which would list assets per borrower. Such field can be used in related list view.

Posted by Admin on 01-Dec-2009 15:24

Can you give me more details on setting that up and i will see if it works for me.

Posted by Admin on 01-Dec-2009 21:48

Tory,

Pavel may provide an example and I would recommend exploring that if he does.

Meanwhile I think your simplest approach is to go with your first idea -- relate Asset to Customer directly. You can also have it relate to Borrower -- but by relating it to Customer you can allow creation/listing of these from the same portal page.

You can then create a list view for assets grouped by borrower and use that for the related list of assets in your customer view screen. I believe this will accomplish what you are looking for.

Matt

This thread is closed