Why do you have to hiut "Attach" after you already

Posted by Rollbase User on 13-Nov-2009 19:10

Attach? I added an object called "Borrower" and when I use the "New Borrower" function and add the info it makes you then click "Attach Borrower" to add the record you just added - Is this the way the system is supposed to work? Is there way to have the record show the first time you add it via "New Borrower"?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 13-Nov-2009 20:15

Generally any object with an integration name that starts with $ or is in all caps are system objects. The failsafe way to check is to edit the object defnition -- you will be able to undeploy a system object.

Here is a list of the default system objects that cannot be undeployed or deleted:
Communication Log (COMMLOG)
Department ($ORG_DEPT)
Function ($ORG_FUNC)
Location ($ORG_LOCN)
Group ($GROUP)
Settings ($SETTINGS)
User (USER)

Posted by Admin on 14-Nov-2009 03:14

Does not have an answer?

Posted by Admin on 14-Nov-2009 08:52

Hi Tory,

Can you point me to where I can take a look at this in your account? I am not following your explanation above but may if I can see how you've configured things.

Thanks,
Matt

Posted by Admin on 14-Nov-2009 09:00

Ah, I see it now. You just needed to add the "Customer" lookup field to your New Borrower page. This allows you to associate a Borrower with a Customer when you are creating it.

Also, in the page editor for your New Borrower page, I set the "Use Record in Scope for New Objects" property for the Customer lookup field so that this will automatically be selected for you when you click New Borrower.

Posted by Admin on 14-Nov-2009 14:31

Can you explain to me what exactly the Lookup's do when added to a page? And where do you go to change the record in scope for new objects setting? Thanks for your help.

Posted by Admin on 23-Nov-2009 15:11

Lookups allow you to select related record(s) based on the relationship with that object.

You can turn on/off the record in scope functionality by editing the page, selecting the Lookup field in question, and toggling the Use record in scope property

This thread is closed