How to set a partition within PSDOE in the Service Parameter

Posted by PeterWokke on 02-Sep-2014 06:12

On our Application based on the ADM2 smart objects we want to replace OCX objects with dot NET objects.

For that we use the PSDOE. The propath for the source of the applecation is set to the workspace.

The smart objects use partitions and I have to set them somewhere in the PSDOE workspace. Message tells to set it in the Service Parameter Maintenance Tool. Where to find this and how can I set some partitions.

Kind regards,

Peter Wokke 

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 02-Sep-2014 06:18

In the „OpenEdge AppBuilder“ perspective, go to the OpenEdge menu, then “ADM2 ProTools” and there is the Service Parameter Maintenance tool well hidden. That stores it’s settings in a file called .\appsrvtt.d.

Posted by PeterWokke on 03-Sep-2014 02:56

Mike,

Thank you kindly for your direction. Had found the ADM2 ProTools option after I opened some smart objects.

I had configured a local partition and saved it.

When i select done it asks me if I want to save it permanently and chose yes.

It close the window. When reopen the partition is not there anymore.

When I close no and reopen the partition is still there.

Finally after several attempts the partition was stored in the appsrvtt.d file like:

"_qstand" "" "" yes yes "" "" "A" "" ""

I work with the PSDOE of 11.4.

Thanks for your support,

Peter

Posted by Dileep Dasa on 03-Sep-2014 05:19

[mention:f9a6d6686a884bd4b1cb4620db871b71:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] , I tried the same scenario and I see that partition information is successfully saved in appsrvtt.d.

Steps I followed:

Switch to AppBuilder perspective

OpenEdge -> ADM2 PRO*Tools -> Service Parameter Maintenance

Defined a partition with name as "_qstand" and saved it by clicking on the toolbar icon

Clicked on "Close" button

Choose "Yes" to permanently save the partition setup

Opened "Service Parameter Maintenance" tool again and I can see the saved partition information

Please let us know if you did something different.

This thread is closed