RTB Server Compile option

Posted by Blake Stanford on 14-Feb-2014 13:58

Does anyone know when the Server Compile option is turned on, where the programs get compiled, the appserver or the server where the repository sets? I'm using the RTB plug-in.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 14-Feb-2014 14:37

I know! :)

They are compiled by the AppServer.

All Replies

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 14-Feb-2014 14:37

I know! :)

They are compiled by the AppServer.

Posted by Blake Stanford on 14-Feb-2014 14:52

Thx.  

So does the agent use its startup propath or does RTB set the propath accordingly?

Posted by asthomas on 16-Feb-2014 04:14

The agent will have the PROPATH set for the compile by using the "server path override" settings on the Workspace Maintenance, or if this is not set, the PROPATH from the standard workspace path settings. The propath is set on each call to the AppServer and will be different from the standard agent propath.

If you do not have the whole workspace set with "Server Compile", then you can set server compile son individual modules in the Workspace Modules setup.

If you are using an AppServer that is not able to see the path references in the standard workspace path settings, then you should set up the server path overrides so that this works with the AppServer.

Note : If your AppServer is on Windows and your standard workspace paths are set to use network drive mappings, that you must use the correct UNC names and not drive letters on the server side. The OpenEdge AppServer cannot use drive mappings if they do not refer to local drive.

HTH

Posted by Blake Stanford on 18-Feb-2014 11:33

Another related question.  I've set the "server compile" option, however, I'm getting some errors when compiling.  "more than 1500 char.....single statement".  The appserver agents are set with the -inp 32000, is there another place this needs to be set for RTB?

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 20-Feb-2014 09:33

Setting that value for the agent should be fine. Did you bounce the appserver after modifying the parameters?

This thread is closed