Tools: Simple Pwd Digest Recovery Tool

Posted by Admin on 07-Jan-2008 10:55

All Replies

Posted by adaltas on 07-Jan-2008 11:09

Your entry has been received and recorded. Thank you!

Posted by tsteinbo on 08-Jan-2008 03:21

Thanks Maciej.

For your information, starting with SDM 7.6 you will be able to both reverse and forward engineer password digests. Until then this is a great tool.

Regards

Thomas

Posted by Admin on 09-Jan-2008 06:24

Hi Thomas,

from my perspective SDM urgently needs two extensions: password digest recovery and something like a jndi import/export tool (example: http://www.psdn.com/library/entry!default.jspa?categoryID=1718&externalID=4397).

Do you know if the 7.6 will be able to export/import jndi administered objects?

Anyway, imo it is always good to be able to serialize password digest and jndi adm. objects even if you don't want to work with SDM as it might make the setups and migrations easier...

regards,
maciej

Posted by tsteinbo on 09-Jan-2008 08:08

Hi maciej,

I agree with your comments and these enhancements are already considered. Only one of them though (Passwords) made it into 7.6. JNDI support won't be in 7.6 but is strongly considered for the next release. Until then the JNDI loader you pointed out is the tool of choice.

Regards

Thomas

Posted by Admin on 09-Jan-2008 11:45

I agree about the JNDI loader. The passwords extension doesn't seem very useful, unless you are reverse engineering an existing environment. Without the JNDI extension, SDM is not a one-stop deployment tool, which it aims to be.

Currently we have implemented SDM in a new environment and it works perfectly, except for the JNDI objects. We still have to create those manually after updating the install with SDM. This is a pain, because we aim to have a totally human-free production environment.

This thread is closed