Question about contest rules: ESB Service

Posted by nweddle on 25-Jan-2008 10:35

The rules state:

4. MINIMUM CRITERIA FOR ENTRY.

Contest Eligibility: You must complete the forum registration form and submit a code item that fits within one or more of the following types of codeshare items:

a. ESB Service: a service is defined as implementing the XQService interface and can be considered as a means to connect the ESB to an external system or protocol, such as a database, or to manipulate a message such as change from csv to xml format.

Does this mean that ESB Services that do not change a message type from one format to another or connect to an external system are ineligible? What about an ESB service that performs some sort of generic complex processing on a message that does not invlove transforming it or connecting to an external system?

Also, are artifacts developed while being paid by an employer for code share and/or this contest ineligible? How many people really have their own copy of the Workbench and develop these things on their own time?

Thanks!

All Replies

Posted by adaltas on 25-Jan-2008 10:52

Nathan,

Thanks for asking.

With regard to the second part of your message: Yes employees should simply get permission from their employeers to submit items for this incentive program. And in fact so far most of the items submitted appear to be from employees of companies.

I'll ask a colleague to respond to the technical criteria you are mentioning.

Posted by dmillman on 25-Jan-2008 11:37

An ESB service really has to implement the XQService interface, we tried to give samples of what that might be. Any XQService can be entered and is eligible.

Any service that you want to submit is eligible, whether developed on your time or as part of your job's everyday activities. You just have to make sure that you/your company are ok with the submission/terms of the competition.

Good luck

Posted by nweddle on 25-Jan-2008 11:44

Thanks for the replies!

Posted by adaltas on 29-Jan-2008 17:48

So Nathan got something to share with the community?? Only 2 days left this month for a chance at $250 instead of $200 next month....

Posted by nweddle on 29-Jan-2008 22:40

I do actually, but I am waiting for approval from my client to share the code. I have a Tool that is complete and running in Produciton, and I also have a Service. I completed the protype today and will be finishing up in the next two days. There is really a very slim chance I will get approval in the next two days, and I suppose there is a chance I won't get approval at all. That would be a shame. I'll keep you posted.

Nathan

Posted by adaltas on 30-Jan-2008 08:17

Sounds like it would be very useful to others. Hope it works out for you.

This thread is closed