Changing "Called Addresses" of a Split & Join

Posted by sunnywear on 12-Jan-2009 13:57

Hello,

I am trying to see if it is possible to change the init parameter of the "out-of-the box" component called Split and Join Parallel via an API call INSTEAD of having to use the SMC to change it through the GUI. Has anyone tried this or know if this is possible?

Thank you!

All Replies

Posted by jtownsen on 13-Jan-2009 03:31

You might want to take a look at the ESB management APIs - particularly IServiceConfigAPI.

Posted by sunnywear on 13-Jan-2009 08:48

I need help on how to get a handle to the IServiceConfigAPI interface and its related calls. I am trying to make these calls within the service method of a custom service that I wrote. Can someone show me how I can access this, perhaps via the XQServiceContext or some other way? Once I have the handle to it inside my custom service, it seems fairly straightforward to call importServiceProperties() in order to change the "called addresses" parameter, I'm thinking, but maybe someone else has already done this and can provide more details?

Posted by jtownsen on 14-Jan-2009 07:05

Does the shipped sample (%SONIC_HOME%\ESB7.6\samples\Sample.ConfigAPI) help?

Posted by dmillman on 22-Jan-2009 06:18

What are you trying to do here? Is this about dynamically invoking endpoints on the ESB, if so then you need to set a JMS Property to tell the split join service which endpoints to invoke and then after the invocation make sure the property is deleted to ensure that subsequent invocations do not use the same property

This thread is closed