Sonic JMS Test Client

Posted by Admin on 09-May-2007 05:29

Hi everybody.

After installing OpenEdge 10.1B also Sonic 6.1 is installed. The installation procedure also creates an icon for the JMS Test Client which calles a file testClient.bat

But this file doesnt exist in the sonic/bin directory... Also in the Sonic Management Console under the menu Tools the selection for JMS Test Client is disabled.

But since this client is refered to in all the samples I cant try those things out. Also for developing my own programs this Test Client would be needed.

So how can I install/run it?

thanks,

Harry

All Replies

Posted by Rob Straight on 09-May-2007 12:43

The general answer is that the JMS Test Client is only installed by SonicMQ, not by OpenEdge. So 2 things:

1) Be sure you have installed SonicMQ 6.1 (the OpenEdge installation does not install the complete SonicMQ product).

2) Use the Sonic menu items from the Start Menu to launch the Sonic Management Console. Do not run the SMC from the OpenEdge Start Menu.

Thanks,

Rob

Posted by Admin on 10-May-2007 07:17

Hi Robert.

Thanks for your suggestion. I installed Sonic V7SP2 today. There you can explicitly select to install the Test Client. I also installed the management console because the OpenEdge installation caused some problems.

Now everything works fine

Harry

This thread is closed