Error in making a simple CBR Service

Posted by Admin on 08-May-2008 06:15

Hello all,

I am realatively new to Sonic and the Workbench,

I have followed the samples provided by different ppl and especially thankful to the doc called Web Services-sonic 1.0 by Mike Ormerod.

However I am having a simple problem of developing a CBR Webservice, whenever I try to run the my simple CBR service code I get following error,

Could anybody please help?

Maxy

All Replies

Posted by jtownsen on 08-May-2008 07:43

Is is possible that you're using XCBR and the message doesn't match any of the defined rules? If this is the case and you don't have a Default Destination defined, you'll get this error.

If this isn't the case, we'd need to know a little more information, like the version of Sonic, the contents of the message and the contents of the cbr/xcbr/js routing rules file.

Posted by Mike Ormerod on 08-May-2008 07:57

Hi

Another thing to check is that you have a valid entry for the rules file. There is a little feature in Sonic, that if you don't hit the return key once you've selected your rules files, the setting doesn't get saved, which can then also result in the error you're seeing.

HTH

Mike

Posted by Admin on 09-May-2008 00:48

Thank you Jamie and Mike,

Your suggestions were really valuable.

In fact, I went through all your suggestions and eventually found a blunder mistake at the input to the service. I rectified it and hurrah........ I was able to run the service.

I would particularly like to know the specific docs and ways to move ahead in Sonic, which from my first experience seemed pretty complicated.

Please reply.

Maxy

Posted by jtownsen on 09-May-2008 02:54

Like everything in this world, Sonic can be a little daunting at first glance. I don't know your particular situation, but when starting out with Sonic, it's important that you get some good training and/or mentoring. You can find online training at http://wbt.progress.com. Instructor led training and mentoring services are also available through your local Progress Software office.

There is also a vast wealth of information available right here on PSDN (navigate or search from http://www.psdn.com/library/kbcategory.jspa?categoryID=661) including How-To's, Implementation Practices and of course product documentation.

If you're looking for something particular, but can't find it, please drop us a line on this forum and we can point you in the right direction.

This thread is closed