Passing Runtime Params

Posted by Admin on 20-May-2008 05:23

Hello all,

Thanks to al mighty and the forum admins to have restored the site functioning. I missed the forum a lot during these two days.

Anyways, My question this time is -

Can we pass runtime parameters to a service which is preceded by an XML tranformation?

I guess its possible, but I don't exactly know how to send those params via xsl page. Please help.

Maxy

All Replies

Posted by rstanciu on 20-May-2008 06:25

Take a look to this example.

The XML element "tracking" receive a runtime-parameter which is a

JMS property named "SonicESB_FileName".

Hope it helps!

Rares

==============================================================

Posted by Admin on 21-May-2008 23:03

Hi Rares,

Thanks for your sample example. But I guess, a bit confused with all the french tags.

Nevertheless, from what I get from your example, the xsl file is written to extract runtime parameters from the xml file. My requirement however is to set the runtime parameters of another process.

Please clarify if my interpretation of your example is correct and if so how to set the runtime parameters of another process.

Maxy

Posted by Admin on 23-May-2008 00:29

Well I guess, I have not been able to make the question clear,

Let me give another try,

I have an XML Document (attached herewith), I need to extract values of different elements and set them as Runtime Parameters to another process.

How is this done?

Please Help.

Maxy.

Posted by jtownsen on 23-May-2008 08:10

What is the other process that's being call - is it a standard ESB Service?

Whatever it is, that process would have to have a way to retrieve the parameters (typically from message headers) and set the value appropriately before executing it does its processing. As such, being able to do what you want depends entirely on the implementation of the process to be called.

Posted by jtownsen on 23-May-2008 08:38

...and here's an example for getting nodes of your XML document into the message properties...

Posted by Admin on 24-May-2008 05:41

Hi Jamie,

Thank you.

Your suggestion and the supplied code can be used to achieve what I am looking for but I have a couple of questions still,

1.What is the maximum limit that a Header Element can hold?

2. Is there any other way to achieve this apart from the header itself (as parts???)

Maxy.

Posted by jtownsen on 26-May-2008 01:50

1. The maximum size of a string header property is 65535 characters. Other datatypes have their standard value limitations.

2. As I indicated before, it depends entirely on the service that is being called as to if it can change it's runtime parameters on a message by message basis and how. If you are coding your own ESB service, you could have it look for give message headers or your could have it look at a particular message part. The message part could be referenced by part number or by part name. Of course, if you only want to send in a single part message, you could also code your service to work with that.

This thread is closed